Pride in Practice Silver Award 2023
In recognition of our efforts to become a more inclusive practice, Chapeltown Family Surgery were awarded a Pride in Practice Silver Certificate in 2023.
At Chapeltown Family Surgery we strive to provide a supportive and safe environment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+) individuals.
We believe in fairness, equality, and above all value diversity.
All staff have ongoing equality diversity and inclusion training, and our policies are regularly reviewed.
LGBT support services:
- LGBT Foundation www.lgbt.foundation.org – 0345 3 30 30 30
- The Proud Trust (support of young trans people) – www.theproudtrust.org –
- Galop (national) – LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline LGBT Foundation – Domestic Abuse– 0800 999 542
- Stonewall (National) – https://www.stonewall.org.uk/ – General Advice
- Mermaids (National) www.mermaidsuk.org.uk – Support for trans patients inc. families
- Terence Higgins Trust – www.tht.org.uk – Support and information regarding HIV
- PrEP/PEP – https://ght.org.uk/pep or https://lgbt.foundation/prep or https://lgbt.foundation/pep
- HIV Testing guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/testing.html
LGBT Foundation :
- LGBT Foundation would like to hear from you about your experiences of healthcare services.
- You can contact LGBT Foundation in confidence on our helpline number 0345 3 30 30 30